Monday, March 14, 2011

The Highway Alternative

This is just a thought which can somewhat relate to this earlier post.

A question came to my mind yesterday as I was coming back from my vacations, driving back home on the highway. What is more important to people, saving time or experience something pleasurable?

If I ask you which of these two is the nicest picture.



I assume most people will say the left one. Correct me if I'm wrong. But then everyone will take the highway because it's faster even if it's boring to drive bumper to bumper for hours with nothing to look at.

It's not all bad, it gives me time to think about something to write on my blog.

So this is the highway alternative. It is but one choice that most people pick simply to save time. Cheese slices is a more modest example. 10 minutes workouts. Disposable wipes. Whatever you can think about, I'm sure everyone's lives are filled with time saver gimmicks.

Interesting fact about time:

I read about an interesting study about time not too long ago, sorry I don't remember the source. They asked people what they would do if an 8th day was added to our 7 day week. Most people answered they would use it to do more work hence the same stress filled activities they do the rest of the week. The study also showed that those were the same people who said they had no time to relax. If you can live your fully stressed life within 7 days, why fill the 8th day with more stress?

Which bring me to my next question, why fill the 7th day with stress?

No comments:

Post a Comment