Thursday, January 20, 2011

What's your little thing?

What's your little thing? We all have something that we like to do, that little thing we enjoy. To other people it may be a chore but to you it's an escape from this stressful world.

There's a lady in my neighborhood who walks her dogs 3-4 times a day. I'm sure if I stop her one day to tell her how responsible she is to take care of her dogs like that she'd brush my comment off with a "Bah, it's nothing, I like it". To me it's a chore, I play with my dog around the house or in the house rolling on the floor with him, but walking around the block isn't my thing.

What is my little thing? Shoveling. Picking up snow and throwing it a little further. To me it's not a chore, I know it's not like that for everybody. Almost every time I shovel I see the lady passing by with her dog, doing the little thing she enjoy.

So what is your little thing? I'm not talking about an hobby, like sports or reading but sometime that most people sees like a chore but you don't. It can be working out, cleaning the house, mowing the lawn, walking dogs, counting bills, whatever, I wouldn't know it's YOUR little thing!

You may call me crazy but I'm looking forward for tomorrow. Snowstorm! I'm going out tonight to clean the 1-2 centimeter of snow in my driveway to get it ready for tomorrow!

Feel free to share your little things by leaving a comment!

2 comments:

  1. for reall Mat? tell you what, come to my house and do my driveway if you like it so much..I'll even let you do the back deck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup for real. I'd never ride my bike to work in a snow storm though! :P

    ReplyDelete