Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Rainy Days

One rainy day evokes all sorts of reactions from people. Two days in row, you can already start to feel a shift in the people's frame of mind. More than two days and all people seams to be able to focus on is water falling from the sky and the lack of sun. Of course, I'm talking generally about urban people. There are always exceptions, like you maybe or a farmer waiting for rain to juice its crops.

It's been raining for almost a week, which is a long time for this part of the world, Eastern Canada. Where am I getting at? I don't know, I just felt I had to write something. All week, I focused all my thought about what I'll be writing tomorrow for Remembrance Day or Veteran's Day depending where you live. So much that I forgot I had to write something before the 11th.

Back to the rain. As much as you will hear often that YOU are in control of you mood and the way you feel and how you react to things. There are incredible forces around us that drive our mood, like weather, traffic, people around us, the medias, your paycheck, family, friends, and this and that and the other thing... and many other things to infinity and beyond (Note to self: got to rent Toy Story 3).

With so many things bullying our mood it can get extremely difficult to stay positive. That's why the first 5 seconds of your day are so important. If you set your mind to "I'm going to have a great happy day" mode before you see the rain and all those things that could affect your mood, you set up a good foundation for your day.

How were your first 5 seconds today? What's your morning routine? Is it building a good foundation for your day? What could you change to make it better?

No comments:

Post a Comment