Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Quote - Ralph Waldo Emerson- Change is Inevitable

The following is a sad, but true story.

About a month or so ago, something in me changed. And there is nothing I could do about it. At first, I thought it was only an isolated case but then I realized I had really changed. Why? I did not know. Will I ever come back the way I was? I do not know. Will I complain about it? No. Will I stop loving what I love? No.

All my life, I could chop onions without crying. Not even a tiny drop. Not even a small burning feeling. I felt like I could used onion juice for eye drops. Last September, I started chopping and that particular onion was determined to make me cry for all it's deceased onions friends that I chopped heartlessly. The onion prevailed. And I cried. Water was pouring out of my eyes. My eyes were on fire. All of a sudden, the onion eye drop did not seems like a very good idea! Ever since, chopping onions makes me cry.

"We change, whether we like it or not."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Even though my example seems trivial. It happened and that I like it or not from now on onions makes me cry. Don't think about the problem, as it says in my October 29th post, think about the solution. Wear glasses, use a Slap Chop, don't cook onions, learn to chop with a 3 foot long saber. Solutions are plenty when you put your mind to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment