Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Life's a marathon Allegory #1

Berlin Marathon
Hi all,

I'm so happy to see the sun today and to be rid of the cold that's been following my for nearly a month. So starting yesterday I've started my running program, 2 days into the program I've already doubled my implication into it! Last time I started was the day before I caught that interminable cold and the same time the sun went on vacation for 3 weeks. It's the first time I try this program, I've upgraded to an intermediate program averaging 16km a week for 12 weeks. Yesterday was painful and exhausting, today much better already.

So 37 minutes of running gives you some time to reflect on things. I was comparing running to life in general and there are a lot to learn from running which can be applied to life at large.

Instead of putting all my thoughts into one post, I'll break it down in a few posts to make it easy to read. At the end of which you will have all the tools you need to get to your goals in life! Ok, that's a little bit far fetched, but I hope it will helps!

So here's the Life's a Marathon Allegory #1

"Experience is more important than physical shape."

No matter how healthy and strong your body is, you can burn all your energy within a few hundred meters, long distance running is all about pacing and balancing your energy level. Life is similar, you start with great ambitions, travel the world, become CEO of a Fortune 500 enterprise, be a professional athlete or a star singer but without any plans and a way to balance all aspects of life those magnificent goals are unattainable. You can be young, full of energy and motivation but without seeking help from mentors, or experience your chances of succeeding greatly reduced.

We have to face the fact that life is not easy. Running a marathon when you've never did any long runs before is not easy. It's only through experience, multiple tryouts, and the help of mentor or a trainer that you can run a complete marathon to your full potential. There's more to it than just getting outside and starting to run. This is why most people peak at running in their mid-thirties and early forties, that's when experience meet physical strength at their peaks.

Gaining experience in life is key to succeeding.

Stay tuned for Life's a Marathon Allegory #2

No comments:

Post a Comment