Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Quote - Believing Alice

Here's an interesting dialogue from Lewis Carroll's Alice Through the Looking Glass

"I can't believe that" said Alice.
"Can't you?" the Queen said in a pitying tone. "Try again: draw a long breath, and shut your eyes."
Alice laughed. "There's no use trying,"she said. "One can't believe impossible things."
"I dare say you haven't had much practice," said the queen. "When I was you age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast"

I'm not going to comment this any further, I'll let it to you to believe what you will. Just remember that beliefs influence our behaviors, motivates us (or discourage us) and gives stability to our lives a good or bad ways. But beliefs can be changed.

Believing today is going to be a great day would be a good start!


No comments:

Post a Comment