Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Book and a quote by Lionel Ritchie

Not too long ago I posted a blog entry about an article by Neil Strauss in the Wall Street Journal, I loved the article. That article was the starting point of Neil's promotional campaign for his new book, Everyone Loves You When You're Dead. Why am I telling you this? Because a few days after his article, in his newsletter, Neil asked people who wanted to take part of his "Street Team" to help promoting his new book and I joined in. It's been simple exposing tasked like changing your Facebook profile picture to something including his book and twitting some stuff on Twitter.

Those of you who know me on Facebook and Twitter, that explains my strange behavior of the past weeks.
 
My FB profile picture as part of the Street Team.


For doing that, I got some little bonus stuff. Quotes from the books prior to its launch, some pictures and some other media stuff.

I want to share a quote from the book with you today. It's actually a quote from Lionel Ritchie which is in the book.

“I did decide to write about what I experienced in climbing to the top. And finally when I got there, I discovered what was at the top. You know what was there? Nothing. Not one thing. What was at the top was all the experiences that you had to get there.” – LIONEL RICHIE

I find this a very powerful quote. Achievement in life is something but the best part of all achievements is the journey which led to it. Make it your Odyssey.

P.S. I'm not posting this on my blog because it's part of Neil's publicity campaign but because I do like his work and think it's worth posting. I can't wait to read the complete book. Go check it out, http://bit.ly/ELYWYD

No comments:

Post a Comment