Thursday, December 2, 2010

Quote - Age Is All About Stairs

This week, for my first quote after I officially launched my blog, I have a quote that I don't really like. Why post it then? Because, in my "About this blog" section I mention the surprising power of quotes. How just a few words can change someone's life. I absolutely don't remember where I read this one, and I'm not even sure of the wording but it goes something like this:

"You're age is not counted in years but in how many steps you take when going up the stairs. One or two at a time."

I get the point. Your age does not matter as long as you are healthy and do things to stay healthy. I still don't think it's the most profound quote out there.

But since I've read this quote, I go up the stairs two at a time. When I catch myself climbing one at a time there's a voice in my head saying "Come on, you're not that old already" and I pick myself up and go up two at a time.

My point is that you never know what's going to push you forward. You can read a book someone told you would change your life and not feel inspired. And you can be inspired by something a four year old says. To each their own signs. You don't have to look for inspiration. You only need to be opened to inspiration and it will come to you in a way you may not expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment